"The Case of the Triple Inbestigation" is the 20th and final episode of the second season of The InBESTigators, and the 40th overall.
While on the hunt for Ezra's missing goldfish, Maudie uncovers two more puzzling mysteries to be solved.
The episode begins with Ava starting a new case report from the inbestigators, showing the shadow of her arm behind the door, which says that it all started when Ezra made a video conference call during the night. In the story, Ezra calls all the participants, and says he has an idea for the agency's commercial: put Neil Armstrong in it, where everyone starts to think that Ezra refers to the "first man on the moon", but in truth, it is to the boy's goldfish, where everyone is so shocked that they are paralyzed, in silence, and Ezra started to think that everyone's camera was locked.
Kyle already says that he had the idea for the commercial: getting out of a helicopter in the tallest building in the city, but Ezra disagrees, wanting to use the office. Ava finally admits that she found Ezra's fish too cute to be true. They decided to meet on Sunday to record the commercial, however, the problem is that Neil was gone. Ezra felt guilty for taking him out of the room to avoid fear of heat in the summer, as he manages to control temperature and oxygenation, and concludes that it was a mistake, making Neil a target for animal thieves. Maudie then asks what was the last time he saw Neil, and that was when he had fed him the day before, before going to Mario's house to be able to rehearse the band during 4pm, and Ava ends up remembering that she it was during that moment that Ezra was absent, which surprised everyone. Ava explained that she sleep at Amelia's house and when the two came to Granny Flat, they noticed that the bin was on the street, and they decided to pull it back, and during that, they saw Poppy coming out of the office with a red bucket. Ezra fall in shock after seeing that his sister was at the office and after noticing the red bucket, and he began to think that she took his fish because she want a rabbit. So, Ezra decided to go after Poppy.
Ezra decided to take Poppy to the office to interrogate her, while Ava was out of the office because she was a witness and Kyle also had to stay in order not to interrupt. Ezra, angry, puts the lamp in Poppy's face and asks once again why she was in the office, and she replies that she was there to do her homework because inside the house, their mother was drying her hair and the father was vacuuming the floor, making a huge noise with it. Ava agrees with this, but Ezra tells her to be quiet. Returning, Ezra says he knows she asked their red bucket, which makes Poppy worried and Ava and Kyle curious, and Kyle interrupts asking what Ezra had said. To resume again, Ezra tells Poppy to admit that she had caught Neil, where Poppy is confused, and when Ezra says that he is his goldfish, Poppy says that he refers to "Sparkles", which leaves him confused, at least fact that she calls him that because she considers it her own animal, Ezra then, concluding that Poppy got it, asks where it was, and Poppy, showing where it was, asks Ezra what he had done with "Sparkles".
Cast & Characters
|Abby Bergman||Ava Andrikides|
|Anna Cooke||Maudie Miller|
|Aston Droomer||Ezra Banks|
|Jamil Smyth-Secka||Kyle Kilmson|
- Ruby Earing
- Red Bucket
- Neil Armstrong
- The InBESTigators
- Maudie Miller
- Ezra Banks
- Ava Andrikides
- Kyle Klimson
- Ava Andrikides
- Maudie Miller
- Ezra Banks
- Kyle Klimson
- This is the last episode to air in 2019.
- This episode is possibly the series finale, but this wasn't confirmed yet.
- This episode possibly turned The Inbestigators' hardest case since the beginning of the series.
- The Inbestigators' commercial has been known as a song intitled THIS IS A BUST!, which was released on YouTube on December 7, 2019.
- The instrumental of the song is similar to the soundtracks used during the series and is also similar to the theme song soundtrack.
- Ezra, while feeling guilty about Neil's disappearance, mentions that he would be afraid of the summer heat, officially confirming some things:
- The videocall accured on November, while the crime occurred on November 30, one day before the summer.
- The commercial filming occurred on December 1.
- Poppy, in this episode, wants a rabbit instead of a fish.
- But she has her own goldfish, Tibbles, and she doesn't demonstrated any unlikeful about it during episode that it was mentioned or appeared.
- During the videocall, is show on Maudie and Ava's bedrooms some objects from pop culture:
- Behind Maudie, is show a unknown painting from an unknown artist.
- Behind Ava, lamps are shown that recall artefacts of Chinese culture during festivals, like the Chinese New Year.
- The name of Ezra's goldfish is the same name of Neil Armstrong, which was popularity known as "The First Man of the Moon".
- While Ezra fells guilty for letting Neil alone in the office, another painting is seen behind him.
- When Ezra interrogates Poppy, the scene is similar to interrogation in the police, including the interrogation of several mystery series like Monk, The Mentalist and CSI.
- The commercial's music is similar to the song Nothing on You, performed by Bob, along with Bruno Mars, and to the song Uptown Funk, performed by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars.
- The screen on which Ezra, Maudie, Ava and Kyle used to watch the commercial is similar to screens in movie theaters.
- Ezra, during the case, wore the same clothes that he used on "The Case of the Miraculous Mini Golfer" while he was at Mini Golf Park.
- Ava noticing that she was at Granny Flat while Ezra was absent is a reference the episode "The Case of the Suspect Sprinkler".
- While Ezra was feeling guilty for Neil's disappearance, the photos from him and Poppy are shown again, which was first show on "The Case of the Curious New Girl".
- The plant pots, which were first seen in "The Case of the Sleepover Secret", appear once again outside the office.
- Ezra shows again his rude behavior with Poppy, something that he showed for the first time in "The Case of the Sad Little Sister".
- Poppy, while she was being interviewed by Ezra and Maudie, wore the same clothes that she was using on "The Case of the Fishy Fundraiser".
- The map of the office is shown again, whch was first seen on "The Case of the Disappearing Deliveries".
- On a flashback, one of the boxes that Ava and Kyle used during the episode "The Case of the Turtle Thief" is shown again on the shelf.
- In the scene where Ezra ends up falling flat on his face, the atmosphere is similar to one of the flashbacks in "The Case of the Very Lost Notebook", while Ezra, Ava and Kyle explained how Maude's notebook was so important to her.
- THIS IS A BUST! Official Song from The Inbestigators (2019). YouTube. (December 7, 2019)