My painting! There's a hole on it!
"The Case of the Perplexing Painting" is the fifteenth episode of The InBESTigators.
Cast & Characters
|Abby Bergman||Ava Andrikides|
|Anna Cooke||Maudie Miller|
|Aston Droomer||Ezra Banks|
|Jamil Smyth-Secka||Kyle Kilmson|
|Maria Angelico||Miss Tan|
|James Saunders||Mr. McGillick|
- Art Show
- The InBESTigators
- Maudie Miller
- Ezra Banks
- Ava Andrikides
- Kyle Klimson
- This episode is the first in which Maudie reports the case without anyone's accompaniment, that is, only her.
- This episode also shows Maudie, for the first time, having trouble resolving a case because Caitlin ate the cookie she threw at Esther's painting.
- This is the second episode where Esther acts as a victim.
- Esther's surname, McCarthy, is revealed after Mr. McGillick mentions the winners of the Art Show for making the best reproduction Ned Kelly paintings.
- She is the third character to have her surname with the single Mc, and the seventh recurring/minor character to have the surname being revealed.
- The Art Show features works of Sidney Nolan's portrayal of Ned Kelly, an Australian outlaw who was mystified for challenging the authorities of colonial Australia.
- When Kyle insults Caitlin, he beings similar with Milton David Krupnick, a fictional character from the series Kickin It, as he insults Mama G in the episode "Invasion of the Ghost Pirates".
- When Kyle says that the families of Esther and Caitlin have been rivals for thousands of years, he references several things in pop culture:
- Maudie mentions that some find her very truthful, something Ezra had already mentioned in "The Case of the Missing Solar System".
- Kyle ends up insulting Caitlin saying that her picture is horrible in front of everyone, which is similar to the case that he was insulted by Maudie, where she said that his model was not good in "The Case of the Missing Solar System".
- Mr McGillick says again his famous quote "Don't Call Me Henry", first heard in "The Case of the Curious New Girl".
- Ava says, in this episode, "What? How? When?", being similar to her catchphrase "What? How? When? Why? In" The Case of the Suspect Sprinkler".
- As in this episode, Ava also uses it to demonstrate her shock after Maudie says she thinks Caitlin had ruined Esther's picture.