"The Case of the Miraculous Mini Golfer" is the 9th episode of the second season of The InBESTigators, and the 29th overall.
Convinced a customer is cheating to claim a prize, Charlie hires the Inbestigators to help save his job at the Mini Golf Park.
Ezra starts recording a new case report of the Inbestigators, who during the events, were on recess, and in the face called Charlie called them, however, he and Ava did not attend for two reasons: Ava was doing a choral recital and Ezra had to go to the piano, since his mother didn't let him go. Then, Maudie and Kyle met the teenager, who reveals that his job is completely threatened, and when asked where he works, Charlie reveals that he works at Mini-Golf Park, a neighborhood mini-golf course, which left Kyle completely surprised . Charlie reveals himself as a guy hired to work at recess and always makes deals, like if he brings five friends, he doesn't pay anything, which makes Kyle try to call five friends on his cell phone, but Maudie picks him up and asks Charlie to continue.
So, he decided to do something different: the 20 for 20, which if the person completes the course with just 20 strokes wins 20 dollars, which makes Kyle consider it a difficult thing to do. Soon, Charlie explains that it is something that a professional would achieve three times a year, but not three times in just three days, and that person is called Lexy, who together with her friend Ally, went to Mini Golf Park and completed the course with 19 strokes, leaving him disbelieving, and he started to grow even more when Lexy completed the course again with 19 strokes the next day, making Charlie suspect that they were cheating. Despite not having seen their game, Charlie says that the route has CCTV cameras, and then, before handing over the money, he checked what the cameras captured in their game, but showed Lexy hitting all the holes without looking like he was cheating, forcing you to hand over the 20 dollars, as promised.
Soon, at the day before Charlie's came into the inbestigators' office, the two came back again and Charlie decided to watch them, but that was useless: Lexy was walking the entire route without looking like she was cheating, but that didn't make him remove his suspicion, and everything got worse when his boss he was very angry and threatened to fire him. Maudie accepts the case, which makes both Charlie and Kyle happy, the latter because he really wants to play mini golf. Then, the next day, the Inbestigators arrive at the Mini Golf Park, and meet Charlie, where Ava is very impressed with the project he did to promote the course, however, the same disagrees saying that he shouldn't even have done, that began to threaten his job. Maudie asks Charlie to give her Lexy's score cards so she can watch, and when he asks them to pick up balls and clubs, Kyle disappeared flying.
Kyle, on the first hole, prepares for his move, but is interrupted when Maudie, Ezra and Ava arrive and the last two criticize him for being distracted by mini golf instead of helping them in the case, with Kyle considers himself as "multi-tasking", that is, he wants to do both things at the same time. However, Maudie takes advantage of this so that Kyle can show how to use eye-hand coordination during the course and how difficult it is, however, Ezra offers to play, which shocks everyone. Soon, it starts to roll after it doesn't hit any. So, he decided to let Kyle demonstrate how the course works, in which the first hole is called Par 2, which is the term used to indicate the limit of strokes that the person has to make to hit the hole. When he gets it right, a "clink" noise is made, which makes Ezra disagree that the plastic makes that noise and they start to argue, but Ava interrupts when Maudie starts looking at the scoring cards, and she notices that Lexy passed of the first two holes with just one stroke, which shocks everyone, seeing that it was completely impossible.
Cast & Characters
|Abby Bergman||Ava Andrikides|
|Anna Cooke||Maudie Miller|
|Aston Droomer||Ezra Banks|
|Jamil Smyth-Secka||Kyle Kilmson|
- 20 per 20
- Mini Golf Ball
- Lexy's Mini Golf Ball
- The InBESTigators
- Maudie Miller
- Ezra Banks
- Ava Andrikides
- Kyle Klimson
|Charlie||His job was at risk when Lexy started winning 20 for 20, and started to suspect that she and Ally were cheating.|
|Lexy||She was mysteriously winning all 20 for 20, making Charlie suspect that she was cheating.|
|Ally||As she is a friend of Lexy, Charlie began to suspect that she was helping her win the 20 for 20, however, this was denied when Maudie discovered that Lexy was cheating.|
|Lexy||She wanted to win the 20-For-20 because of the $20 prize, but because she was horrible at mini-golf, she resorted to cheating.|
- This is the first episode which is directed by Tim Bartley.
- Lexy was possibly banned from the Mini Golf Park after discovering that she was cheating, but this wasn't confirmed yet.
- A video from the episode was posted on ACTF's official Facebook on April 16, 2020.
- As confirmed in the webinar and on an interview, Aston Droomer, who portrays Ezra Banks, considers "The Case of the Miraculous Mini Golfer" as his favorite episode.
- The word "Miraculous" in the episode title is similar the animated TV series Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir.
- CCTV cameras make Charlie's office similar to the geplay lobby of the first three games in the Five Nights At Freddy's franchise, including Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator and Ultimate Custom Night.
- The brand that belongs to the TV connected to the cameras is Samsung.
- One of the courses at Mini Golf Park is similar to one of the stadiums seen in the anime series Beyblade: Metal Masters.
- The soundtrack used when Kyle gets ready to hit the first hole is similar to the soundtracks used in newspapers, news and urgent shifts.
- The term Par 2, which is used to indicate the limit of strokes you must hit to reach a certain hole is similar to an expression called PAR2 (Protease activated receptor 2).
- Mini Golf Park is similar to the Ye Royal Discount Putt Hutt in the series Gravity Falls and the Mini Golf course from the series The Simpsons.
- "The Case of the Copy Cat" also featured the date of the events of the episode.
- The boxes first seen in "The Case of the Turtle Thief" are seen in this episode on the shelf.
- Ezra, while recording the case report, used the same tripod that Maudie used to record Kyle's match in "The Case of the Soccer Saga".
- The scene in which Charlie is interviewed is similar to a scene in the episode "The Case of the Pestering Prank Caller", where Ezra tells everything they know about the prank calls.
- Maudie, while interviewing Charlie, appears wearing the same clothes that she used in the episode "The Case of the Concert Catastrophe" during a flashback.
- The scene that Kyle prepares to hit the ball is similar to the scene where he interviews himself before the 100 meter race on "The Case of the Spoiled Sports Day".
- Kyle begins to show more of his math knowledgement in "The Case of the Tricky Trimathlon".
- Ava and Ezra appears with similar clothes from this episode in next episodes:
- The Inbestigators: Mini Golf. ACTF on Facebook. (April 16, 2020)
- Heilbron, Alexandra (October 1, 2020) Get to know all about The InBESTigators star Aston Droomer!. tribute.ca.