Writing for the 20 episodes of the season began in 2017, along with the first season. Production for the season began in July 2018 at Moorabbin Primary School located in Melbourne, along with the first season. Filiming wrapped in November 2018. On August 12, 2019, it was officially announced that a second season would come soon. The second season was officially announced on October 14, 2019 on YouTube to premiere on ABC Me on November 11, 2019. In December 2019, it was offiicially announced the global release date on Netflix from the season for January 10, 2020. Like the previous season, the episodes were divided into 10 episodes that contains 2 segments each one.
Main article: Episode Guide
|Title card||Title||Season||Overall||Original air date|
|"The Case of the Concert Catastrophe"||1||21||November 11, 2019|
|Maudie is crushed when her tickets to a pop concert go missing, especially since it seems likely that she herself has misplaced them.|
|"The Case of the Soccer Saga"||2||22||November 12, 2019|
|Kyle asks Maudie and Ava to make a video of his soccer match but Maudie discovers something about the game is not quite right.|
|"The Case of the Puzzling Pet Day"||3||23||November 23, 2019|
|When the Animal Shelter visits school to audition kids for a television commercial, Maudie suspects a crime is happening right under everyone's noses.|
|"The Case of the Copy Cat"||4||24||November 14, 2019|
|Ava is selected to deliver a speech at the town hall, but when she is accused of stealing it, Maudie must prove her innocence.|
|"The Case of the Rosemary Riddle"||5||25||November 15, 2019|
|Ezra is grumpy when his visiting Nanna interrupts his detective work until she unexpectedly gives the Inbestigators a case to crack.|
|"The Case of the Robot Robbery"||6||26||November 16, 2019|
|On Science and Technology dress-up day, Patrick is upset when his robot costume is stolen by an unidentified mad professor.|
|"The Case of the Vanishing Koalas"||7||27||November 17, 2019|
|Kakow Koalas are the latest snack sensation sweeping the playground and Mario is hungry for justice when his are stolen.|
|"The Case of the Extremely Empty Freezer"||8||28||November 18, 2019|
|Ava plans a birthday party to cheer up a lovesick Mr Barker, but things go wrong when his birthday cake goes missing during the celebrations.|
|"The Case of the Miraculous Mini Golfer"||9||29||November 19, 2019|
|Convinced a customer is cheating to claim a prize, Charlie hires the Inbestigators to help save his job at the Mini Golf Park.|
|"The Case of the Problematic Party"||10||30||November 20, 2019|
|The Inbestigators promise to help when Toby's birthday invitation to five friends is mysteriously copied and distributed to the entire class.|
|"The Case of the Lousy Lunch Orders"||11||31||November 21, 2019|
|Ezra is outraged when everyone's treat day lunch orders are replaced with healthy food and insists on tracking down the culprit.|
|"The Case of the Interrupting Intern"||12||32||November 22, 2019|
|Maudie is upset when Ezra, Ava and Kyle promote their new intern to an Inbestigator after he surprisingly solves a case before Maudie.|
|"The Case of the Freaky Frequency"||13||33||November 23, 2019|
|When the ice-cream shop loses business because customers can't lock their cars, the Inbestigators must uncover why all the car keys in the area have stopped working.|
|"The Case of the Tricky Trimathlon"||14||34||November 24, 2019|
|After he accidentally signs up for the Trimathlon, Kyle surprises everyone by doing well, until he mysteriously can't find his cheat sheet.|
|"The Case of the Burgled Bags"||15||35||November 25, 2019|
|When Gary, the school's lollipop man, is accused of stealing bags from parents' cars, Kyle is devastated and determined to clear his name.|
|"The Case of the Distracted Detective"||16||36||November 26, 2019|
|Ezra is nominated for the Young Small Business Awards but as the event draws near, Ezra is increasingly upset and Maudie must find out why.|
|"The Case of the Fishy Fundraiser"||17||37||November 27, 2019|
|Amelia resents her fundraising cupcake stall being upstaged by a lemonade stall, so when things go sour, Amelia is accused of sabotage.|
|"The Case of the Incridible Fortune Teller"||18||38||November 28, 2019|
|Ezra and Ava's friendship is tested when Ramona's fortune telling predictions come between them during the Coins for a Cure fundraiser.|
|"The Case of the Unhappy Camper"||19||39||November 29, 2019|
|When Mr McGillick's phone goes missing at the Grade Five camp, Kyle is accused of hiding it as part of a prank.|
|"The Case of the Triple Inbestigation"||20||40||November 30, 2019|
|While on the hunt for Ezra's missing goldfish, Maudie uncovers two more puzzling mysteries to be solved.|
- The first episode of the season confirmed in production was "The Case of the Distracted Detective", occurred in November 2018.
- This is the first season where Tim Bartley stars as a director.
- "The Case of the Unhappy Camper" was the only episode of the season where the case report doesn't occur in the Granny Flat.
- This is the first season where features people being accused of crimes they did not commit, these victims being Ava Andrikides, Gary, Amelia Fitzgerald and Kyle Klimson.
- It also follows some changes of case reports in this season:
- This is the first season where Ezra reports the cases along with Maudie, and also the first time where he records only with Ava.
- This is the first season where all the main characters of the series report a case together.
- This is the first time where Poppy Banks, Ezra's younger sister, reports a case.
- On this season, it follows changes on Kyle's personality:
- Kyle shows again his comparator personality with the twins Evan and Owen, which leads him to insult Evan because he is not good at soccer and Owen is the opposite.
- Kyle began to develop his rude personality in the episodes "The Case of the Freaky Frequency" and "The Case of the Unhappy Camper".
- Kyle finally proves to everyone that he is good at maths, which proves that the motive of Kyle not being good at maths is because he gets distracted.
- Kyle also proves to be a prankster in the Grade 5 Camp, and also to be very mean with Archie and Ezra.
- Kyle is also a defender to his friends, including Gary and Ezra Banks.
- Kyle shows more focused if someone tells it in sports language or if the cases would end with jam donuts.
- The InBESTigators are on the Case!. ACTF. (July 19, 2018)
- The Inbestigators Goes Global on Netflix. ACTF. (August 12, 2019)
- The Inbestigators 🔍 Season 2 Promo 🔎. YouTube. (October 14, 2019).
- Bojalad, Ajac (December 17, 2019) New on Netflix: January Releases. Den of Geek.
- Clue in to the Action on The Inbestigators’ Set. ACTF Blog
|Episodes||The InBESTigators (Season 1 · Season 2 · Season 3 · Shorts)|
|Study Guides||Teaching Toolkit|
|Webinars||The InBESTigators: Cast Q&A Webinar|
|Streamings||ABC ME · ABC iview · Netflix|
|Songs||If You Let Me Be Your Guy · Revolution Girl · Put your Hands in the Air · THIS IS A BUST!|